Licensing Setups in R12 / Pre and Post Upgrade Requirements from 11i to R12 for Oracle Financials for India (India Localization)
Pre Upgrade Steps:
Following points should be taken care of before applying the upgrade patch:-
=> Minimum Patch set Requirement – Customers must apply patch 5498551(IN60107) & 6167056 (Budget Patch) before upgrade. This is the minimum patch set requirement for any upgrade from 11i to R12. One can check the existence of above patches through following query:-
SELECT * FROM JAI_APPLIED_PATCHES WHERE PATCH_NUMBER IN (‘5498551′,’6167056’);
Post Upgrade Steps:
Following points should be considered after applying the upgrade patch:-
a. Post upgrade check whether JAI is licensed or not. To check whether JAI is licensed please follow the below navigation:-
1. Navigate to System Administrator Responsibility
2. Oracle Application manager > License Manager > Country Specific Localization
3. Check if Singapore is Enabled or not. For JAI (India Localization the country used in Singapore)
4. If it is not selected then select the same and Save. This will enable the license for JAI
b. Please make sure that none of the JAI triggers are disabled. Please use the following query to check if any of the triggers are disabled:-
SELECT table_name,trigger_name, SUBSTR(owner,1,10) OWN,status FROM all_triggers
WHERE trigger_name like ‘JAI%’
and STATUS = ‘DISABLED’
ORDER BY 4,1;
If this query retrieves any triggers then please enable them immediately.
c. Please check if the JAI_EXISTENCE_OF_TABLES is set or not. This is very important step because if JAI_EXISTENCE_OF_TABLES is false i.e. not set, then OFI will not work even if all the triggers are enabled and there are no invalid.To validate this please follow the below steps:-
1. Execute the below script in apps schema using SQL*PLUS
[set serveroutput on;
IF (AD_EVENT_REGISTRY_PKG.Is_Event_Done( p_Owner => ‘JA’, p_Event_Name => ‘JAI_EXISTENCE_OF_TABLES’ ) = TRUE) THEN
dbms_output.put_line ( ‘Event JAI_EXISTENCE_OF_TABLES for JA is set!!’);
dbms_output.put_line ( ‘Event JAI_EXISTENCE_OF_TABLES for JA is NOT set.
Please apply jai5188052.drv!!’);
2. If AD_EVENT_REGISTRY_PKG.Is_Event_Done returns ‘FALSE’ for JA Owner it means the JAI_EXISTENCE_OF_TABLES is not set.
For 12.1.X please follow below steps to make “Event JAI_EXISTENCE_OF_TABLES for JA as set”
3. Apply jai5188052.drv using adpatch.The driver file takes care of inserting the events and enables OFI Triggers if they are not enabled.
4. The file jai5188052.drv can be obtained from the Patch Directory.(cd $JA_TOP/patch/115/driver/)
For 12.2.X please follow below steps to make “Event JAI_EXISTENCE_OF_TABLES for JA as set”
5.Manually run below two files:
a. jai_set_ad_event.sql. Pass input as JA. and not Application ID 7000
The files will be located in cd $JA_TOP/patch/115/sql
6.Once done please bounce the instance.