R12 E-Business Suite Output Post Processor (OPP) Fails To Pick Up Concurrent Requests With Error ‘Unable to find an Output Post Processor service to post-process request nnnnn’
‘Unable to find an Output Post Processor service to post-process request xxxxx.
Check that the Output Post Processor service is running’
Incorrect data is present in the OPP queue table AQ$FND_CP_GSM_OPP_AQTBL_S, which occurs when the concurrent managers are not shutdown correctly.
A quick sql query shows orphaned OPP subscribers in APPLSYS.AQ$FND_CP_GSM_OPP_AQTBL_S, causing the select_random_subscriber routine to pick a non-running process.
To resolve the issue test the following steps in a development instance and then migrate accordingly:
1. Find the active processes for OPP:
FROM fnd_concurrent_queues fcq, fnd_concurrent_processes fcp
WHERE concurrent_queue_name = ‘FNDCPOPP’
AND fcq.concurrent_queue_id = fcp.concurrent_queue_id
AND fcq.application_id = fcp.queue_application_id
AND fcp.process_status_code = ‘A’;
2. Find the OPP subscribers:
select name from APPLSYS.AQ$FND_CP_GSM_OPP_AQTBL_S;
The name in the table is the concurrent_process_id prefixed with ‘OPP’.
The output should normally correspond to the output of first query: have the same number of records and have as name the concurrent_process_id of the running OPP processes prefixed by OPP
3. If there are extra subscribers which are left from previous runs of OPP processes, unsubscribe them via the following command:
4. Bounce the concurrent managers.
5. Retest some concurrent requests and confirm the post processing actions now complete successfully.