Steps to resolve Error 1031 received logging on to the standby
One of our DataGuard environment was out of sync , When we checked in the
v$managed_process data dictionary view, we could see that RFS was not starting.
“Error 1031 received logging on to the standby”.
We tried to connect to the standby instance from primary by using the following command and it was unsuccessful.
The time stamp of the password file on the primary and the standby was different. This indicated the possibility of having the wrong password file in the standby.
we copied the password file from the primary to the standby and renamed the password file in the following format ie orapw<sid> .
we restarted the media recovery process on the standby.
Once the above steps are completed we could see that redo shipping and redo apply is taking place
Now the Primary and standby is in Sync.