Report Generation from BI through APEX
- Oracle APEX is user friendly for designing part as well as client side data entry and validation related things.
- Oracle BI Publisher is good for report output; it will give the output files like PDF, XLS etc, Very big advantage in BI Publisher is that can produce multiple output files as a report. With the option of Bursting.
- Bursting will be scheduled with the particular time interval, or can schedule by the time as per the report need.
- Template file is base for required output report. Because output will be produced based on the input template design.
- In APEX, under Shared components there is an option called Report Layouts, that is getting the input template file for report designing.
- That same navigation having the link called Report Queries, which is getting the query from user to generating report based on template and query.
- When the user clicking on the designed button, then the Report file will be generated based on template and query.
- The button option should be Download printable Report Query, and then only that printable option will work.