In this tutorial, we are going to learn about, “How to resolve this ERROR OGG-00868″
I got the below type of error while re-start the replicat in golden gate. I have a workaround and resolved the issue.
If you face this type of error in the future, please follow the below steps to resolve it.
BELOW I HAVE MENTIONED THE ERROR WHICH I GOT.
ERROR OGG-00868 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, exomtool.prm: The number of Oracle redo threads (2) is not the same as the number of checkpoint threads (1). EXTRACT groups on RAC systems should be created with the THREADS parameter. 2021-07-13T01:09:38.331-0500 ERROR OGG-01668 Oracle GoldenGate Capture for Oracle, exomtool.prm: PROCESS ABENDING.
STEPS TO RESOLVE:
We want to get the log thread count from v$log or gv$thread parameter. Below I have mentioned both parameters.
SQL> select distinct(thread#) from v$log;
SQL> select distinct(thread#) from gv$ log;
In my database, I have two threads log.
SOLUTION FOR THE ABOVE ERROR:
These are the steps to follow for encounter the above error:
- DELETE EXTRACT extract_name
- ADD EXTRACT extract_name, TRANLOG, BEGIN NOW, Threads # — < Value which you got by issue above command in database>
- ADD EXTTRAIL , EXTRACT extract_name, SEQNO
- ALTER EXTRACT extract_name, SCN <scn-no>
- INFO EXTRACT extract_name,detail
- START EXTRACT extract_name, ATCSN <scn-no>
After complete the above steps, your replicat will start to run and fine.